This December has been a very busy month! Tristan has grown a ton and we have been having such a blast with him. He's learning to do so many things like follow people and objects with his eyes, reaching out to touch things and best of all, smiling and laughing! He's also had his first overnight stay at the grandparents' houses. We decided to go to Shreveport and do a little gambling for Adam's birthday this past week. His parents kept Tristan the first night and my parents got him the second night. It was soooo hard to leave him but we had a great time and I know his grandparents enjoyed keeping him. I can't believe that today is my last day of maternity leave....back to the real world tomorrow! I always thought I'd be so ready to go back to work and would not have a problem leaving my child at daycare. Boy was I ever wrong! I am not at all excited about going to work tomorrow and cannot stand the thought of leaving him. I've heard tons of great things about his daycare and the lady who will be watching him though and that does help. I know in a couple of months he will really enjoy being there and making new friends but it's going to be so hard. I'm making Adam go with me in the morning because I really don't think I'll be able to make myself leave. I know I'll be watching the clock all day long until I get to hold him again. Here are some pictures from his busy second month!

Tristan had his first playdate with his girlfriend Kylee. They weren't quite sure what to think about each other but will be having a blast together before too much longer. We took a ton of pictures and laughed at how such beautiful babies can take such rough looking pictures! LOL
He managed to get in a little flirting and hand holding ;)
Christmas was a blast this year with Tristan. I didn't think he would be but he was actually interested in his presents. Here he is giving his new zebra friend a kiss. He sure loves his zebras!

For some reason the color yellow really makes him smile! The first gift he opened was a yellow sweatshirt and yellow athletic pants....he smiled sooo big when he saw them! Last night he got another gift from a friend of mine, which included an adorable yellow onesie. When I showed him the outfits this morning, he smiled big again when he saw the yellow one. Crazy!
This Sunday Tristan was two months old. I cannot believe he is already that old! We went to the doctor this morning and he now weighs 12 lbs 1 oz and is 23 inches long. He's getting big!

All smiles!
Good luck tomorrow! It WILL be hard but it does get easier - trust me. When he gets older, the best thing will be picking him up. I LOVE how Cooper gets excited to see us in the afternoons. It makes dropping him off worth it. I'll be thinking about you.
ReplyDelete